Top 10 TV Shows

 Hey ppl!! I realized I haven't posted a list in a while and I've watched a lot of tv during quarantine (who hasn't) so here we are. 

SO I may deny this later, but this (for now) is like the ULTIMATE top 10 for me. 


10) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

Sure it's a little silly, but that's what we love about it! Kimmy's been trapped in apocalypse bunker since she was a little girl so when they are busted out the world is so new to Kimmy and she knows exactly what she wants to do, move to New York. With the help of her roommate Titus, her landlord Lillian, and her new boss Jacqueline she navigates New York and struggles to adjusts to a world filled with so many possibilities.

A/N 

It was so bright funny and pretty much everything I needed during quarantine. I fell in love with the characters enthusiasm and sarcasm and just aspect of the show. It's a great show for anyone who wants a funny wacky show.  


9) Julie and the Phantoms

It may be a little, "kiddy" but it's still amazing. When high schooler Julie's mom dies she struggles to find her voice again, but when a ghost rock band that was on the verge of fame in the 90s appear to Julie she is able to find her voice. 

A/N

The soundtrack is killer, the characters are amazing, and the storyline is surprisingly emotional, and did I mention the soundtrack is on point. I literally binged this show and finished it in 2 days. It's great for anyone who wants a feel good musical. 


8) Sabrina the Teenage Witch 

Sure it's a little old, but this show is such a fun watch and is good for anytime you want to sit on the couch eat junk food and watch a old show from the 90's. On her 16th birthday Sabrina finds out she's half witch. She is forced to adjust to her new found powers while her quirky aunts Hilda and Zelda help her learn to use it. Turns out being a witch in high school is hard. 

A/N

The premise is a little crazy, but who cares? The show is super chill and funny and who doesn't love Salem the talking cat? This show is great for anytime it's also for all ages. 


7) Mr Iglesias 

I think we can all agree Mr. Iglesias is the best history teacher ever. This show follows the life of history teacher Mr. Iglesias who finds out his class is getting transferred out to a much worse school. In order for them to stay they are forced to go to summer school. Of course the students aren't very happy about this. Marisol is super smart, but is forced to go to summer school because she missed so much school working at Mcdonalds to support her family. Walt and Lorenzo are the jokers. Then there's Mikey nervous, nerdy, Mikey. 

A/N

Mr. Iglesias is hilarious, this show provides tons of laughs and more. The characters are relatable and the storylines are you guessed it funny. Its a great show for someone who wants to laugh


6) Stranger things 

If you don't know what Stranger things is you've most likely been living under a rock. Following the crazy adventures of Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and Eleven. They get entangled with a demigorgan, a second universe, a mindslayer, Russians, and some more. 

A/N

I don't usually enjoy sci-fi stuff, but I really enjoyed stranger things. Sure it's a little bizarre, but isn't everything a little bizarre? The storylines draw you in and the cliffhangers keep you watching, everything about it is amazing. (Is it wrong I don't ship Mileven)?? 


5) The Good Place


Ok so anyone who's known me for a couple of years knows that I was (at one point) obsessed with the Good Place (who isn't). Now in the nature of no spoilers I can only give you a overview of the first season. The FIRST SEASON follows Eleanor, Tahani, Chidi, and Jason who all make it into the good place because on there time on earth they were all good people. Eleanor knows that she was a crappy person on earth and that there was a mistake and she does not belong in the good place. Compared to her soul mate Chidi who spent his life studying philosophy and is there for very indecisive. Perfect Tahani (who loves to name drop her famous friends). Finally, Jason a monk who took a vow of silence. Eleanor doesn't want to go to the bad place so what will she do?

A/N

So yeah I LOVE this show it's hilarious and the characters are just so well developed and the character arcs are literally the best I've ever seen. It's a little over the top, but that's what's so fun about it. When it ended last year me and my friends were incredibly sad because it was such a great show and it deserved all the hype it got. 


4) Cobra Kai

It's a spinoff to Karate Kid and it was one my favorite shows I've watched during quarantine. Before you go ahead and check it out I want to warn you there is A LOT of cussing in it (the language is NOT super strong, but you have to be able to handle it because they cuss pretty frequently). It follows the life of Johnny Lawrence (you know the kid who lost to Daniel in Karate Kid). Inspired by his new neighbor Miguel (AKA Mr. Perky) he opens back up his old dojo Kobra Kai and starts training Miguel. Of course Daniel (the Karate Kid) is mad that he's opening Kobra Kai so he opens up his own dojo Myagi Do. He gets Johnny extra mad by training his son (who hates his dad) Robby. 

A/N

I honestly did not think I was going to like this show, at all. I only started to watch it because it was super popular and I wanted to see what all they hype was about and I loved it. The characters are really well crafted and their back stories are tear jerkers. The drama is heated and the rivalry is intense. This show is great for Karate Kids fans or anyone else who wants a action drama kind of show.(If you've watched are you more Kobra Kai or Myagi Do I think I'm leaning to Kobra Kai, but idk). 


3. The Office (It's getting real)


FUN FACT: The office is the most watched show of all time. It completely deserves that title. The premise is surprisingly simple. This mockumentary following Dunder Mifflin a paper company. They interviews the workers and they talk about their hilarious life at the office. You have Michael Scott their silly, oblivious, and unintentionally inappropriate boss. Jim is the mild mannered, intelligent, prankster salesmen. Pam the artsy, shy, receptionist. Dwight is the logical, martial arts enthusiast salesman. Along with the rest of the office workers each episode takes you on a (hilarious) journey through a day in the office. 

A/N

The office will go down as one of the best sitcoms ever. Each storyline and each character is engineered to make you laugh your butt off, but at the same time it feels real. The characters are so flawed, but you still love them and are rooting for them all the way. With The Office though it's not just laughs there were also times were I cried during the office because it felt so real like I was actually at Dunder Mifflin. When you find those shows that make you laugh AND cry it's really special. To me the office one of those shows (If you have watched the office what's your favorite episode mine probably has to be stress relief pt 2). 


2) Brooklyn 99 (ALMOST THERE) 


This show literally made me crack up and swoon at the exact same time how is that possible?!?! It follows Brooklyn's 99th Precinct they are getting a new stricter boss Cap. Holt. Jake, who is not only their best detective, but their silliest detective is horrified that he can't play around anymore. Meanwhile other neat organized binder obsessed detective Amy is thrilled. Along with other detectives Charles and tough Rosa and don't forget there phone obsessed self obsessed secretary Gina they face crime, and other drama together. 


A/N

Ok so Brooklyn 99 is amazing, hilarious, and did I already say amazing. The characters are unique, there's lots of diversity, and the Halloween episodes are killer. (Sorry I just had to take a moment no acknowledge that because I love Halloween). I honestly enjoyed Brooklyn 99 so much because it gave a perfect balance of drama and comedy. The writers put so much thought into the characters and how they were going to change over time and become better people. The ships are pretty much godly Jake and Amy OMG I've been rooting for them since episode 1. Just watching Brooklyn 99 on my bed kind of brought me back to a time before quarantine which is something that we all really need right now. (If you've watched before do you ship Amy and Jake). 


THE WAIT IS OVER HERE'S YOUR NO.1: 


1) Gilmore Girls 

Ok so if you've talked to me during quarantine for over 10 minutes you probably know I'M OBSESSED WITH GILMORE GIRLS!!!!! It follows the lives of the two Gilmore girls Lorelei and Rory. Lorelei had Rory when she was 16 and raised her by herself ever since. When Rory gets into a really good private school Chilton Lorelei is forced to re-connect with her wealthy parents in order to pay for it. Rory and Lorelei are intelligent, clever, and independent women just trying to make it through life. The show evolves around the relationship of a mom and a daughter (both extremely clever). Rory is a bit shy, but LOVES reading. Lorelei is a manager of a hotel and dreams of opening her own inn. Together they are the one and only gilmore girls. 


A/N

Gilmore Girls got me through some rough patches in life. Quarantine is hard we're basically locked up in our homes with not a lot to do, for me it was really hard to be strong. Gilmore Girls helped me through that it brightened my day made me smile made me laugh it even made me cry because I was so happy. The dialogue on Gilmore Girls is genius. Every exchange and argument is so witty and clever. The book references are impossible to keep up with and the fan base is pretty strong. Most Gilmore Girls fans have a team (Team Logan, Team Jess, or Team Dean) I'm not on any of the teams it's too hard to choose. The characters at first seem a little stereotypical (Logan the rich kid) (Dean the nice, but jealous one) (Jess the bad boy), but it truly went so much deeper than that. They took those stereotypes and twisted them around. The drama is not over the top, but enough to keep you watching and the character development is kind of confusing. Most things in Gilmore Girls happen for a reason. There's always a domino effect of characters choices. The one liners are iconic and hilarious and no character is perfect they each have their fatal flaws. Whenever I watch this show I feel like I'm being transported to the quirky town of stars hollow. I feel like I'm participating in all their crazy events and town meetings. It takes you on the journey with them, when there's a break up my heart breaks with them, when something good happens I'm happy to. Gilmore Girls was able to take me on a journey the way no other show was able to. (If you've watched Gilmore Girls which team are you on?)


Thanks for reading!! I worked way to long on this so I hope you enjoy it. I'm working on some KOTLC lists and Gilmore Girls lists so those will be coming soon.

-Zadie









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Very important announcement

Hello